FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Friday, December 24, 2004

cheese!

This tree is wanting to wake from its slumber,
a brief wind of warmth comes and buds form,
they begin to grow and flower,
but winter is about to set in,
snow will fall tonght and stop the blooming.
I guess I saw this and was touched because I saw this tree as a mirror to myself.
It's amazing what sweetness and a tenderheart can do, it can be a warm breeze in the winter, a gentle rain in a drought... a sheltering sky over head.


i was explaining to an equally cynical friend the other night my theory of life. it's not pretty and it's not profound. in fact, i'm just realizing now that it's quite immature. and i'm happy to have figured that out.

my theory was adolescent. life is bad. life makes you cry. you are surrounded by fools and selfish people that just overwhelm the day with clouds. but what made my theory so excellent, i thought, was that it didn't really matter. that there would always be some kind of nagging feeling that you're not living your life to the fullest, regardless of which decision you've made. in other words, you'd always be unsure or at least slightly unhappy with your position, so why bother really worrying. you'll just never know. yeah, genius, kiddo.

it's a stupid, horrible theory. but it makes me so fucking happy to be reminded that i still have so much left to learn from this world. and the people in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home