FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Saturday, May 21, 2005

tenure

i was going to post about how i'd cancelled a hot date (really, it's just an adjurnment) to instead bake brownies, eat some batter, and become pensive about my need for alonetime and romantic love.

but i'd only accomplished 3/4 of my list when my brother handed me some mail. today, i got my tenure letter. woo-hoo!

"On behalf of the entire [insert my school's name here--i'm still paranoid, even with tenure] I want to extend our congratulations on your recent tenure appointment as Teacher of English."

(though, i do still need my Masters and i'm not sure if i can swing it. let's hope NYS is lenient with those extensions.)

note: if you are one of those people that is not a fan of tenure, that's fine; but please don't vent on my blog. it will get you nowhere. voting between a giant douche and a turd sandwich, however, most certainly will.

1 Comments:

At 5/22/2005 02:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's like you're all grown up.
And I vote Giant Douche. Who's with me?! hehe...I love that show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home