FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

a quick breather

the concert was good fun, as expected:
interpol was just as thick and full as i'd hoped they would be.
the killers were fun and hipster and totally overdressed for the 90 degrees-with-humidity evening.
there was lots of beer and i drank some of it.
there were lots of attractive men, and i didn't have sex with any of them.
i danced until i got so sweaty i wanted to take my pants off.

we actually left about 4 or 5 songs into the killers' set so that we could drive over to the other concert (that was somehow part of this same radio "fest") and catch the keiser chiefs. unfortunately, the headlining act was not the band that closed out the evening. we arrived between their set and that of the closer: the dresden dolls. that duo was horrible. momentarily, it soured the mood of the evening. so my three friends went outside to the designated smoking area in a joint effort to bum a cigarrette. i had to stay inside with my water as per the bulky security guard. while inside i was befriended, to my dismay, by a early twenty-something, big-haired hipster-doofus. i smiled and talked to him politely, but he liked the dresden dolls and was trying to help me give them a "fair shot." so once i finished my water, i walked outside while he was mid-sentence. i just couldn't cooperate, i guess.

all in all, the best part of the mini-vaycay was being with people. yeah, duh...i know. but i'm definitely too antisocial and this reminded me of the cost of such behavior. there's less laughter, less silliness, and less conversation. the highlights of my journey:

1. braiding strands of metal beading while we killed enough time trying to give the dresden dolls a "fair shot."
2. my friend gina saying to me after i'd made fun of a woman's tattoo, "you know what's hot? that cream on your face." i was eating a donut.
3. scraping melted, chewed, smeared chewing gum off my window.
4. getting stoned and trying to keep my laughter in check, like a cool stoner would.
5. planning how i'm going to pay for those sweatshirts i promised Bishop Allen.
6. talking about people that are in love..."talking about" them in a good way.
7. coming up with more things to add to my "mature" list (which i've already forgotten).
8. slipping into my british accent once again.
9. people-watching at a concert.
10. text sex.
11. beautiful, light, nondescript affirmation.
12. (i can't think of a twelfth thing, but i really like that number.)

2 Comments:

At 6/09/2005 12:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part of the trip can be summed up in two words:
Butt
Sweat

 
At 6/09/2005 01:56:00 PM, Blogger kristine said...

yeah, that was a major theme of the journey...not necessarily one of my personal highlights ;)

i thought that smell was the rotting animal on 84!?

dammit! get the map!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home