FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Friday, July 08, 2005

verdict: no call

i feel like that girl that has been in the previews for that upcoming movie Wedding Crashers. i mean, to call me crazy or a little out there on any typical day would rarely be taken as an insult. today, it might sting. i'm sad about the boy, more than i feel i should be. let me tell you about him.

we met at a bar. (yes, the ghetto duck bar.) i don't ever expect to meet any kind of upstanding citizens when i'm out drinking with my girls, and tonight was not an exception. in fact, myself, Teresa and her sister Siobhan had encountered a rather high proportion of creepy, intoxicated, underdressed and overweight males. and naturally, why *wouldn't* they approach three pretty twenty-somethings that are young enough to be their daughters with pickup lines and molester-like stares not befitting even a rock? the logic will never fail to bewilder me.

we'd hopped around a bit to avoid this hail storm of white trash, but ended up back at our mainstay, the boat bar. we were just finishing a verbal degredation of another boy when we felt eyes upon us from another direction, "Looks like you have another fan." Siobhan said to me with a trademark roll of the eyes. i didn't even glance their way, but this didn't deter my boy.

"Hi guys! I'd like to buy you a drink and ask you a question." he had a nice goofy smile, and striking eyes.

Siobhan and I eyed each other and smirked at his inquisition. "Why in that order?" she quipped.

the three of us were soon laughing, my boy flustered by his misspeak and myself flustered by his light blue eyes.

his trio and my trio spent the rest of the evening together. he and i did a little impromptu ballroom dancing in the midst of a nightclub (he dips!), joked about careers and lifestyles, and smiled and laughed and generally had a terrific time. and we let each other know exactly that.

...yadda, yadda, yadda...

i plopped into my bed at about 7:30 the next morning and was woken 6 hours later by his call. he was leaving town to head back to Long Island (where he's doing his residency as an anesthesiologist) and wanted to see me before he split. i groaned about my headache but told him i'd be ready in 15 minutes. i splashed my face and hoped my cute skirt would detract from my mussed hair. i spritzed some perfume and was ready when he pulled up. i was giddy.

he took me to lunch. it was a beautiful day on the Hudson so we ate on a patio and we chatted about yachts, money, elitist clubs, and how much shrimp should come with a shrimp ceasar salad. then we spent about three hours just walking up and down the riverfront. he held my hand, put his arm around my waist, walked silly, took my picture, asked me to come visit, lounged on the grass, people watched, and kissed. i held his back, welcomed his closeness, felt his sides, squinted up to meet his gaze amidst the sun, asked him to delete my awful picture, flashed half the riverfront in an attempt to gracefully lie beside him, and kissed him back.

i haven't liked a boy, reasonably, in about two years. i had an absolute blast. (plus, i must say, his taut body and MD tag were/are completely hottt.)

but he had to go, so he dropped me off.
and then he went home.

what's a girl to do?
well, go out drinking with the girls, of course!

3 Comments:

At 7/10/2005 02:53:00 AM, Blogger beth said...

i still think he'll call.

 
At 7/10/2005 09:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the faith!

 
At 7/12/2005 08:57:00 AM, Blogger Dennis Michael said...

Being from the Island Fish that is Long Island, this doesn't sound like the run of the mill type you'd find at the hot spots, mainly because he called like the very next day. GOOD SIGN. Understand he's working on his residency, which I'm sure takes up a lot of his time. Give him time, I'd gamble he'll call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home