FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

BOB and BABS

so, as part of my new "Interim Coordinator" position, i'm currently, um, "listening" to a live webcast of teens with disabilities and how they get legislature to listen to them. it actually has very little to do with my summer job, and, pc or not, it's so incredibly fucking boring. i feel like i'm listening to a bunch of 7th graders reading off cue cards, but with fake annoying voice inflection.

so, rather than pay attention, and rather than abandon ship (i'll always at least pretend to do my job), i'm going to poll you, my devoted readers.

preface: i'm no longer despondent about the MD boy. but his behavior is not uncharacteristic to boys i've encountered in the past. THUS, my poll. because, the world should also know that boys are JUST AS COMPLICATED as girls.

ok, to the poll:

DIRECTIONS: please read the following passage and answer the questions that follow. you may refer back to the text at any time.

A boy, we'll call him BOB, has expressed interest in a girl, who we'll address as BABS. BOB spent the evening with BABS and they had great fun. the next day, BOB even called BABS to have a more formal encounter...

(sorry for the interruption, but this kid on the webcast just used the term SOUL SEARCHING. he's like 10 for christ's sake!)

...BOB is a busy boy and lives far away, so he asked BABS to come visit after their lovely date. BABS said I'D LOVE TO, BOB!

and it was so.

BOB never called BABS, so she rememered an upcoming test he had and sent him a TEXT MESSAGE to say good luck and "let's get together soon." he didn't respond. later that evening, when drunk, BABS remembered a moment the two had shared and texted him a joke about it. he responded, rather promptly, with another quip about the moment.

and it was so.

BOB hasn't called BABS since that brief, unromantic TEXT exchange. BABS still has his number, but she thinks the ball is in BOB'S proverbial court. she's even thought of deleting BOB'S digits so that she doesn't drunken TEXT him anymore.

POLL QUESTION #1: What should BAB'S do?
POLL QUESTION #2: Do you STILL think BOB will call, you crazy optimists?

7 Comments:

At 7/12/2005 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Dennis Michael said...

POLL QUESTION #1: What should BAB'S do?
Although I agree that BABS has already put enough hinting for BOB to understand that this girl likes him, it's definitely in his court. Being of the persuation that BOB is, and I'm terrible with the likes of the persuation of BABS, I wouldn't miss a beat on this one. If I were BOB I'd be more than keyed up that someone is displaying interest in lil' ole me. But...the question at hand is what should BABS do? Well...if BOB-oh is really all that he's hyped up to be, and BABS has no one else exciting in sight, she should hold tight to see if BOB takes an effort to call. Perhaps she should cool out and not try and contact him, because the ball IS in his court.

POLL QUESTION #2: Do you STILL think BOB will call, you crazy optimists?

I'd like BOB will do all of us gentlemen a favor and call BABS, especially since he did make the effort to have something more formal only to lead to the suspicion he's interested in BABS.

 
At 7/12/2005 08:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1. BABS should wait for BOB to call back. Since BOB took the time to text message back he obviously isn't trying to completly blow you..I mean BABS off. BOB is probably just super busy and wants to keep his head clear of the über cool BABS until he is all done.

#2 Have faith in BOB he will call. And I don't mean the Battery Operated Boyfriend BOB.

 
At 7/13/2005 09:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 BABS rocks and BOB should realise this. BABS' text messages seem breezy, YET are a complete clue that she's into BOB. BOB should realise this. I think BABS should NOT contact him anymore until he contacts her. Erase the digits for sure, but write them down somewhere in a secret place, for possible potential use in the future (this does not include drunken messages).
And she should watch Swingers.

#2 I still believe BOB will call at some point. He could be busy or looking for the right moment to call. I agree he should have contacted her by now, but i have a faith. I give a 65% chance that BOB WILL call. That's pretty good my friend..pretty good.

ps. it took me WAY too long to find the # (called the hash key, not the pound key) on this computer!

 
At 7/13/2005 10:36:00 AM, Blogger beth said...

1. drunken text messages are really dangerous.

2. he'll call.

 
At 7/13/2005 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Bilvox said...

1. Its easy to say its in another's hands.I say that often, but maybe effort is always nice. Maybe it is in his court but you should do one more try in a bit. If nothing??? The ball is in his court and he is a poop head for not getting together with you.
2. I hope he calls... give himbenefit of the doubt. ;-) I hope this works out for you sweets!

 
At 7/14/2005 01:08:00 PM, Blogger kristine said...

thanks, my readers.

i have delted the number from my phone to prevent drunken texting. but i've placed it somewhere, you know, just in case.

gina, please secure a digicam asap.

 
At 7/14/2005 01:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 I think BABS should wait for him to call. I know this sounds stupid but I think "playing hard to get" works.

#2 I think he will call and when he does BABS should let him know you she is really happy about it

ps I'm glad you are no longer bruising easily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home